Those amazingly good instrumental tracks from D.N. Angel

The anime D.N. Angel was released way back 2003 though I wasn't aware of it until it was aired on QTV 11 (now GMA News Network) 10 years ago. As a teenager that time, I was very much interested in magic and angels and anime (of course) and that's probably why I was very hooked with this series. For a little background, it's about a typical teenage boy named Daisuke Niwa, whose life has changed on his fourteenth birthday. I won't tell spoilers but I highly suggest you go watch it online or buy a DVD and I'll guarantee that you'll love this anime. You can also read the manga by Yukiru Sugisaki (Candidate for Goddess) though I haven't read this but I plan to. 


Anyway, the anime has the right mix of comedy, suspense, romance etc. and the voice actors are so good (the original Japanese, English, and Tagalog dub of course) that's why it's so great to watch! 

But aside from that, what I really want to write about is the amazing soundtrack it has. To those who have watched the show, I'm sure you've heard it while you're watching. Aside of course from the wonderful opening theme song Byakuya (White Night True Light) (as well as Caged Bird, and Michishirube) by Miyamoto Shunichi as well as the other songs, the instrumental tracks used in this anime is truly a work of art, a gem. The sweet relaxing sound of piano joined by the violin and flute! I must thank the composers but I can't read the name!

D.N. Angel Original Soundtrack Volume 1
Victor Entertainment
Source: Amazon
Tracklist:
1. Dark vs. Light ~ Prologue
2. White Night ~ True Light ~ (TV Version)
3. Subtitle
4. Good Morning
5. Shining Heart
6. Frozen Flower
7. Beginning
8. Big WIngs
9. Kudou ~ Whenever
10. The Heart Comes Apart
11. Romp
12. Sacred Maiden
13. Exciting Feelings
14. The Challenge of a Mysterious Thief
15. Fate
16. Battle
17. High Alert
18. Frozen Smile
19. Pleasure Garden ~ Fanatic
20. Through Pain
21. Eye Catch
22. Invitation from the Darkness
23. My Love Family
24. Merged Moment
25. Jealousy
26. Infiltration
27. Loner
28. A Certain Musician's Portrait
29. Halation
30. Fragment of Dreams
31. Sacred Liberation
32. Our Story
33. A Gentle Afternoon

And here are a few of my favorites from the above list:

1. Good Morning - So fun and uplifting, this is a really nice piece of music to listen every morning. (Here's a secret: This is my alarm tone! :))  


2. The Heart Comes Apart - I remember hearing this at the end part of most episodes. Another recommended track!


3. Sacred Maiden - truly one of the best in this soundtrack, this track truly fits for Daisuke's Sacred Maiden (which he has to find so that he'll be freed from Dark) 


4. Through Pain -  I can really feel the pain everytime I listen to this track.


5. Fragment of Dreams - also a sad piece of music but definitely a nice track.



You can buy this soundtrack  through Amazon HERE.

Meanwhile, below is the cover of the Original Soundtrack Volume 2 which has equally good songs as Volume 1:

D.N. Angel Original Soundtrack Volume 2
Victor Entertainment
Source: Amazon
Tracklist:
1. Kokuyoku
2. Another World
3. Ice and Snow
4. Freedert
5. Takurami
6. Toki No Byoushin
7. Soshite Hitotsu Ni
8. Caged Bird
9. Summer Beach
10. Eccentric Girl
11. Everyday
12. Mitsumeru Saki Ni Wa
13. Kugutsushi
14. Versus
15. Shooting Stars
16. Chatty
17. Sutekina Hitotoki
18. Toki Wo Koeta Omoi
19. Someday, Sometime
20. Tenpenchii
21 Yami vs. Hikari ~ Epilogue
22 Michishirube~Acoustic Version

And below are my favorites from this volume:

1. Mitsumeru Saki Ni Wa - also one of the outstanding tracks, this piano track is so good!


2. Someday, Sometime - this track is an awesome combination of three instruments: piano, flute, and violin 


You can buy this soundtrack  through Amazon HERE.

I hope you'll like the soundtrack just like me and the others as well. Some have even created covers and versions and you can find those on Youtube.

If you have comments/reactions, write it below. 

Comments