On watching 'Paranoia Agent'

After that weeklong watching of 'Ergo Proxy' which I really enjoyed, I started to look for similar anime shows. I googled Ergo Proxy and at the right corner below the description showed a list of what people also search: Texhnolyze, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, and lastly Vandread. Some of these titles are very familiar to me though (as I have already watched Cowboy Bebop and Vandread). Meanwhile I have seen Paranoia Agent appear in the top anime list of some otakus and that somehow took my interest, so I decided I'll try this. 

Paranoia Agent promotional logo
Source: Wikipedia

So I started watching this because of the hype. Then the opening theme song started:


"Dream Island Obsessional Park"
by Susumu Hirasawa
Opening Theme - Paranoia Agent

'WTH is this?!'

The song is weird! Though I admit the tune is very catchy.

The people are weird! Why are they all laughing?! And some characters' look are also weird!

So ok, Opening song finally ended. You have my attention. I really anticipate this will be somehow good,

But I'm not posting this to do spoilers. I'm at Episode 11 already and for me it's really a good anime after all! Very interesting if you like weird violent anime like me. Just kidding! Though honestly I liked it because it portrays how humans act and react in different situations (human psyche, to be precise). Very realistic to me (except for of course Shounen Bat and Maromi). Overall, I really recommend you to watch this if you are into such genre.

Comments