Quarantinotes No. 1: Watching Great Depression Cooking

Hello everyone. Two weeks has already past since the enhanced community quarantine started. I've been working from home for the past few days, except last Monday, as I have to report for work as part of the skeletal force. From Tuesday to Friday, I work from home using the laptop provided by the office so everyday seems the same except that I'm at home and I can't go outside after.

At night, I usually spend hours watching YouTube videos or binge-watching Netflix series. And during this hard times, nothing's more perfect than watching this cool Italian grandma cook meals from the Great Depression in the US. Watching Clara cook simple yet delicious and nutritious meals, from Poorman's Feast to Egg Drop Soup, and tell stories about her childhood during the Depression is so inspiring. Here are some of her recipes on YouTube: 






Unfortunately, she's not with us anymore but her legacy will always be there to stay. A big thanks to her grandson Christopher for sharing this for the world to see and be inspired. 

Stay safe everyone, start watching and learn!

    

Comments